What is a plugin?
A plugin is a block of code that is integrated into Yandex Browser and expands the browser's features. Unlike extensions, plugins do not normally have an interface. Plugins are used for playing video and audio in the browser, viewing PDF documents, improving the operation of web services, collaborating on online projects, and other functionality.
Install a plugin
Usually, you need to install a plugin when you visit a site that has a specific type of content (for example, a video). To display this content properly, you must install a specific plugin.
Yandex Browser will tell you that a certain plugin needs to be installed and offers to install it. You will see a notification in the upper part of the page. You will need to download the latest version of the plugin from the developer's website and install it yourself.
How do I disable plugins?
- In the SmartBox, enter the address browser://plugins.
- The Plugins page displays all the plug-ins that are installed. To disable a plug-in, turn off the Always run option under its name.
Disable plug-in autorun
By default, Flash videos launch automatically when you open a page in Yandex Browser. To save RAM and strengthen your browser security, you can disable the automatic launch:
- Click .
- Click Websites.
- Click Advanced site settings.
- In the Flash section, check the Not allowed.
Update outdated plug-ins
Plug-ins are not updated automatically and can become outdated. Yandex Browser detects outdated plug-ins. If a plug-in is outdated, you will see a message about it in the address bar:
- To install the latest version of a plugin, select Update plug-in.
- If you want to continue running the plugin without upgrading, click Run this time. The next time you launch Yandex Browser, you will see a message that the plugin is blocked.